Wednesday, March 24, 2010

CHAPTER FIVE

LOSE THE DEBT!



This is getting hard I must say. Up until now I really was into this. Its difficult when you visit just how much debt you have. This debt has allowed us to have nice things, convenience and fun. Now we have to pay it back and when you look at how big the mountain is, it kind of makes you want to go back to the "easy" life. I know, I know its only easy because I carpet swept the fact that we didn't have the money to spend but we wanted to spend it anyways and that one day we would have to pay it back.



I keep asking myself, do I want to really live within my means? If I do it means that I can't have a lot of things I would like, for example a boat or a cottage. Right now I feel like by the time I pay off the debt anything could happen for example, I lose my job or my husband does and then those dreams will never come true. Its like I want it all now just in case I can't have it in the future. OOps think I just figured out what the problem is. I want it all now!! My bad!! How pessimistic is that!! Maybe I will win the lottery in a few years, maybe I will get a better job and by that point good money is coming in and the debt is gone!!! Yep, this is my new way of thinking from now on! Its not a mountain I am climbing but a challenge I will overcome!!



See this blog is good. If I wasn't yappin about poor me I would never have figured it out.



I do get excited every payday now to pay the bills that have been assigned for that week. This is a big plus.......instead of dreading the bills I am looking forward to reviewing them. This is soooo for real, I am not making this up!!



I highlight in my book now things in pink for the days I get what Gail calls "debt fatigue" I know exactly where I have to go to get some inspiration!!!

Also like the knowledge about debt. Seeing how dangerous revolving credit is really makes me open my eyes to the kind of debt we get into. We love revolving, SO DO THE COMPANIES GIVING IT TO YOU!! Yep lesson learned, if we need to go into debt for something it will be through a loan with a fixed date, and fixed payments to pay it off without any doors open to use it again!!

No comments: