Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Day Five

Decide What you really want:

This is probably the hardest chapter yet. Funny I thought the spending analysis was eh? But really, GOALS. Its a hard thing to wrap your head around, not dreams but Goals. Never had goals when it came to money because it was just a matter of getting by and making it until next pay (maybe this was my goal!)

Not now though. This was fun, my husband and I who I always thought are opposites have a lot of the same goals. We laughed a lot talking about this and we learned a lot too! We learned how to aim high! This took a long time to narrow things down. But mainly, are ya ready folks we are going to build a garage, a spanking garage. Never thought I would be excited about a garage but by golly I can't wait. (This is my number one fault!! I roll with it hard and fast) I was so excited about this I couldn't stop thinking about how to afford it now!! OOPS big set back, forgot to pay debts and be debt free!! Don't worry thanks to my husband I am back on track. I find that sometimes I just need to say..........lets buy it, lets get a line of credit, but its o.k when he says no no no no. just had to get it out there!

Yep we are paying off our debt and we are going to do that hard and fast instead and in the meantime we are planing our spankin' garage!! This was a main part of the chapter....to plan small steps so you can see yourself advancing!. Never did this before I like to jump.

I will be honest, I am going ahead in the book while I'm still planing my small steps. Gail says, "Once you hit your first milestone, you set another" so I think this is o.k. Love ya Gail its like when I don't know where to start, I read the next line and there it is....

I will end this with my favorite quote of the chapter, "I am more than what my financial life says about me. I can have anything I want, if I am prepared to work hard. Today I want to........."

Love it!

No comments: