Wednesday, March 10, 2010

DAY SIX

Its about the pie people, Life pie that is!

Still trying to balance my budget. I get it balanced and then oops I find out I actually spent more on groceries than I thought. Yes I used the jars, and boy did I use the jars.........EMPTY every single one of them. I like Gail interactive budget on the web since it calculates how much needs to go into each jar. (Finally someone else to do the math!!)

I’m hoping my jars are completely empty because of all the debt we need to catch up on like propane, hydro, telephone, satellite (which by the way we cut all the specialty channels! Hooray for me!).

I’m not going to lie though I fight the temptation everyday not to spend on credit. For example we ripped out the carpet in the kitchen (yes! Carpet in the kitchen!) and can’t afford the items to put the tiles down which have been sitting in our basement since we moved in. You see old me would convince my sweet, sweet husband that we need flooring. I do this quite well apparently. He is says he can’t say no to me, funny before I would have thought that was true. Now I’m kinda thinking its his excuse to buy things as well and blame me for harassing him.
Is true what Gail says......"once you start keeping track of your money, you spend less"

The lesson I learned from this chapter was paying my bills three days early. I never thought of doing this which is silly because I use online banking and it always says it could take two days to process. Brilliant, now I did my Bills to be paid list and marked everything three days early unless of course it comes out automatically. Well, we will see if this works!


Oh ya and I have a new favourite quote! Ya ready for this one..............it hurts!...."Unexpected is really just another way of saying, I don’t want to have to think about it" Come on now, the truth hurts but we love to do this one don’t we?

No comments: